Sunday, February 15, 2009

rolling forward......

I am thoroughly amazed at how quickly time is going here. I am waiting for February to be over soon. The weather is a rough thing to deal with but it is teaching me patience. It has been a crazy week. I had had to stop, breath and just pray so many times this past week. I had a pretty serious arguement with one of the boys after he asked me for money for the apprenticeship. I was pretty ruthless last night and I know he did not understand. I was not in the mood to explain it to him. I feel like he should have told me to my face what the problem was and then we could have talked about it. I had no patience for someone who did not trust me enough to sit down and talk to me and work something out. I needed time and that is what I got today. I taught one class today and then came home to hang out and just rest. My roommate got way too openly frisky with a boy all day yesterday which left a bad taste in my mouth as well but she is gone now. She went to work in another town and I officially start teaching tomorrow night on independence square. It is all working out. I struggle with life every day but soon, that will wear off. I am trying to stay disciplined with Russian and am going to pryluky to see the crew next weekend. I think that everything is rolling along...stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for following my blog. I am so excited to get caught up with yours and learn more about you. :) I also teach ESL so I am really, really, excited that you found me! I went back and got certified in EFL (English as a foreign language) so I can teach now in another country if God ever opens that door. I am so happy to hear about you teaching in UA! I am very intrigued and will be staying in close contact with you. Maybe I can meet you when I come to Kiev for our adoption. I will only be there a few days in the beginning and then a few days in the end, but would love to meet up if possible. Do you recommend any apts in Kiev? I was reading someone's blog and their apt was $130/night! I hope we can find something much cheaper than this.

Sorry for babbling on and on. I am just so happy you found me. We have a lot in common. :) Keep your head up. I will be praying for your ministry there.